Most Christians (including Catholics) believe that at the Second Coming of Christ, all the faithful will be caught up to meet him (1 Thess. 4:16-17). And we also believe that before the Second Coming, the Church will go through a period of great trouble and persecution, known as the tribulation (2 Thess. 2:1–4, CCC 675).
However, most Christians do not believe in a pre-tribulation rapture. This is the belief that Christ will whisk all the faithful from the world BEFORE the tribulation. This means they will not have to endure any suffering, and non-Christians will be left behind to suffer greatly.
The Catholic Church rejects this belief. The Church and its members will endure the tribulation, and will not be caught up with Christ until the Second Coming. There are biblical and historical reasons for rejecting it as well.
- Questioning the "Left Behind" Rapture - By David Bristow (catholiceducation.org)
- The Rapture - A thorough look at premillenialism, amillenialism, postmillenialism, and how it relates to the "rapture" (catholic.com)
- The Rapture and the Bible [58 min] - By John Martignoni (biblechristiansociety.com)
- Rapture and Left Behind [2 min] - By John Martignoni (biblechristiansociety.com)
- Waiting to Be Raptured - A look at dispensationalism and its connection to the rapture belief; by Carl El. Olson (catholic.com)
- A Look at the "Rapture" Theory - Briefly compares Matthew 24 and Luke 17 and how they don't fit with the rapture (catholicapologetics.info)
- Are Catholics into the Rapture? - Assumes you have a basic understanding of what the rapture belief is. Brief intro, followed by scripture passages (davidmacd.com)
- The Second Coming: The Rapture - A more concise view of pre-, a-, and postmillenialism, cites scripture a lot (scripturecatholic.com)
- False Profit - "Money, Prejudice, and Bad Theology in Tim LaHaye’s Left Behind Series"; by Jimmy Akin (catholic.com)
- LaHaying the Rapture on Thick - The series, its background, popularity, and analysis of scripture; by Carl E. Olson (envoymagazine.com)
- No Rapture for Rome - Analyzing the un-Catholic nature of the Left Behind series; by Carl E. Olson (catholic.com)
- Recycled Rapture - Are the Left Behind books by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins really original, or based on other books? By Carl E. Olson (catholic.com)
- Are We Living in the Last Days? - Understanding the Catholic Church's teachings on the Last Days, and contrasting it with other interpretations; by Carl E. Olson (catholiceducation.edu)
- Apocalypse Not - An investigation of God's plan for the future, and what to expect; by Jimmy Akin (catholic.com)
- The Time Is Near - Five common misinterpretations of the Book of Revelation; by Carl E. Olson (catholic.com)