Sometimes Catholics are asked why they confess their sins through a priest instead of directly to God. Is there a biblical reason for believing this, and how did Christians in the Bible confess their sins?
- The Forgiveness of Sins - who has the authority to forgive and retain? (catholic.com)
- The Sacraments: Penance [11 min] - by SeptemberCatholic18 (youtube.com)
- Should We Confess Our Sins to a Priest? [2 min] (haojiesheng)
- How Can a Priest Forgive Sin? - Presented as a conversation between two people; by Kenneth J. Howell (catholic.com)
- Why Don't Catholics Go Straight to Jesus? - compares Catholic and Protestant interpretations about the forgiveness of sins; by Robert G. Schroeder (catholic.com)