In John 6:51–52, Jesus says, "I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh." Why do Catholics believe this means actually consuming Jesus, via the mouth?
- Christ in the Eucharist (catholic.com)
- The Sacraments: The Eucharist [11 min] - by SeptemberCatholic18
- The real presence of Jesus [10 min] - explained by a former Protestant
- Eat My Flesh & Drink My Blood [2 min] - (biblechristiansociety.com)
- The Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist - this article covers the dogma, allied dogmas, and its mystery (newadvent.org)
- The Eucharist - text from the Catechism, scripture, and brief commentary (catholic-defense.com)